Biscotti has at all times been one in every of Matt’s favourite meals to eat alongside his espresso. Growing up in an Italian family has made some elements of keto troublesome, this being one in every of them. That’s why we knew it was time to make a Keto Biscotti for all you Italian meals lovers! This is a recipe for the books – make it in bulk as a result of it’s going to go fast.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals listing and new recipes each week!
This Is Not Your Quick Keto Dessert…
Nor ought to it’s! As Matt acknowledged within the video, biscotti means twice baked. This recipe will take some nicely deserved time, however will depart you with a dessert that’s virtually indistinguishable from the actual factor! Toasting the almonds, permitting the biscotti to chill correctly, and baking it twice are all important steps to creating the proper keto biscotti. That being mentioned you may at all times make a unique fast keto dessert recipe, aka mug muffins when you look forward to these heavenly biscottis to chill! Our favorites are our pumpkin mug cake (good for the vacation season) and our cinnamon mug cake additionally accessible in our Fat Bomb Bible!
Is Biscotti Keto? (Why There’s No Knead for Carbs!)
This biscotti is 100% gluten free keto goodness! Sugar free keto treats might be troublesome to seek out however these almond biscottis actually take low carb baked items to the following stage. For every keto almond biscotti it’s solely 2 grams of internet carbs. Plus whip up a bulletproof cup of espresso and you’ve got a perfect excessive fats breakfast.
Almond Flour in Keto Treats
We get requested fairly a bit about if you should use almond flour in keto baked items. Almond flour is a really keto pleasant ingredient and can be utilized in quite a lot of recipes, from keto scones to low carb biscuits . Coconut flour has a really distinctive absorbency that doesn’t sub simply with almond flour. This low carb almond biscotti recipe has the most effective texture as a result of it makes use of the 2 separate flours.
Can I Use Just Almond Flour?
This is the golden keto query that many individuals at all times ask. Unfortunately as acknowledged above, coconut flour could be very totally different from almond flour. These two flours are very totally different and due to this, they don’t seem to be interchangeable. Almond flour is a three:1 hydration ratio with coconut flour so that you want 3x the quantity of almond flour. Even after altering ratios the flours nonetheless create a unique finish product that might not be as genuine. We have tried utilizing xanthan gum to bind as a substitute of coconut flour, nevertheless xanthan gum doesn’t work as nicely to thicken and maintain these biscottis.
Both flours are low carb keto pleasant options, that work nice at the side of each other. Trust us, these two flours will make THE finest gluten free and sugar free low carb biscotti!
If you might be on the lookout for a superb coconut flour we advocate this one. As for almond flour we’ve discovered Costco to have top-of-the-line offers for a 1lb bag. If you aren’t a Costco shopper Amazon does nonetheless carry quite a lot of almond flours as nicely.
Keto Almond Flour Cookies For The Win!
If low carb gluten free treats are your jam we’ve acquired you lined. Almond flour makes a number of the finest keto cookies on the market! Recently. I came upon I used to be misdiagnosed one and a half years in the past with a tree nut allergy. I had been lacking out on a few of my now favourite cookies, like our chewy chocolate chip cookies, pecan shortbread cookies and even our low carb snicker-doodle recipe. You higher imagine I might be making all three of those recipes this vacation season!
Personalizing Keto Biscotti
There are some ways to boost and create your ultimate biscotti. We love including in artistic combine -ins for a novel taste profile. Some low carb addition concepts are:
- Chocolate Chips – Sugar free chocolate chips make an amazing addition to those biscottis. One of the most effective methods to incorporate them is, chopping up chocolate chips or a bar of keto chocolate. Then you’ve gotten one thing virtually like chocolate chunks which soften superbly in keto recipes.
- Almond Extract – If you need an additional almond-y taste, sub almond extract for the vanilla extract. It does have a powerful taste, however for those who like almond extract in muffins and muffins you’re certain to like it in these biscottis.
- Macadamia and “White Chocolate”- There are actually many manufacturers that make low carb white goodies that are good for baking in keto recipes. Chopping macadamia nuts sufficiently small and mixing them into the batter with white chocolate will actually be a scrumptious deal with!
- Sliced Almonds – If you like an even bigger piece than simply chopped almonds attempt sliced almonds. They add a pleasant crunch whereas nonetheless being skinny and delicate(AKA straightforward to slice by way of). Dip half the biscotti in keto chocolate after it has cooled and you’ve got an additional scrumptious deal with!
Whatever mix-ins you selected to make use of, be sure they’re chopped fairly small in order that there is no such thing as a issues slicing by way of the biscotti and having it break.
Chocolate Dipped Biscotti
A good way so as to add some additional flare to biscotti is by dipping them in chocolate. Doing a midway dip or drizzle provides an additional layer of richness. For this recipe we love darkish chocolate and almonds as a half dip pair, however you should use something from white chocolate to darkish chocolate. So tips on how to go about dipping?
- Make certain your biscotti is COMPLETELY cooled. If you don’t wait it’s going to break whereas dipping.
- Begin by melting a half C of sugar free chocolate chips or a bar of chocolate in a mug. I do that within the microwave and add in about 1tbsp of butter whereas it’s melting. Melt slowly stirring often as a result of chocolate burns in a short time. The key’s taking it out and persevering with to stir BEFORE the chips have fully melted. The residual warmth will proceed to soften them.
- Now’s the enjoyable half! Carefully dip your biscotti into the mug of melted chocolate and swirl slowly in order that the chocolate reaches half approach up the biscotti. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and permit 15-20 minutes for the chocolate to set within the fridge or 30-40 on the counter.
- Alternatively for a neater processes observe the steps above and drizzle on high as a substitute. Still, be sure that there may be parchment or wax paper beneath in order that they don’t stick.
Making Keto Biscotti
While this recipe takes somewhat extra work than some it’s 100% price your time. Easy to make recipes are enjoyable, however ones that take somewhat additional time take advantage of scrumptious treats. This nice recipe will take you again to conventional biscotti and contemporary espresso. So seize your cooks hat and let’s get on to baking.
Let’s speak about what makes these biscottis so darn good! Like any scrumptious deal with, these biscottis begin with top quality substances to develop wealthy flavors and a powerful crunch.
- 1 cup almonds, uncooked– We might be chopping these finely in an effort to create a pleasant nutty chunk. If you don’t need the additional almonds or simply need to attempt one other recipe, take a shot at some totally different mix-ins like chocolate, macadamia nuts, or sliced almonds (NOT slivered they’re too massive/thick nonetheless).
- 1 1/three cup almond flour– In this recipe we used finely milled almond flour because it has a lighter and powdery-er consistency. Almond meal is somewhat too massive in grain dimension and will forestall the biscotti from correctly compacting
- 2 tbsp floor golden flaxseed meal– Flaxseed meal supplies a pleasant heat and golden taste which provides pretty depth to this recipe
- three tbsp coconut flour– Just like almond flour this ingredient is essential. It will assist to thicken and bind the biscotti
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- half tsp Pink Himalayan Salt– Himalayan salt brings out the sweetness of recipes with out being overly refined and inflicting a rise in blood stress
- 1 cup erythritol– Erythritol is a keto pleasant sweetener that acts because the sugar alternative on this recipe.
- 25 drops liquid stevia– We favor to make use of a mixture of stevia and erythritol as they stability one another out nicely, with out inflicting abdomen misery
- 2 giant eggs
- half cup butter, melted– If you may, we advocate grass fed butter like kerrygold. It has a pleasant golden shade with richer taste that actually shines by way of within the recipe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– Don’t skimp on vanilla. Even although it doesn’t look like a lot, somewhat little bit of vanilla provides a pleasant bit of additional taste and candy notes.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Then Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner (Large baking sheets work finest). We love silpat mats as a result of they supply a non -stick floor with none waste. Next we need to toast the almonds. Spread them on a separate baking sheet and toast within the oven for about 10-12 minutes. Once baked, take away from oven and let cool. Once they’re cooled you may chop and set them apart.
Mixing it Up
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the dry substances. You’ll want the 2 flours, flaxseed, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and erythritol. Next, In a separate bowl whisk collectively the eggs, stevia, melted butter and vanilla extract utilizing a hand mixer. Add within the dry combination combining till totally integrated. Fold within the cooled, chopped almonds and permit the batter to sit down for five minutes. By letting it sit we permit time for the coconut flour to soak up a number of the moisture and create a extra structured dough.
To get the dough prepared for baking start by dividing it in half. Place halves aspect by aspect on the lined giant cookie sheet, leaving just a few inches between (dough will unfold out when cooked). Form every half right into a log form. Bake for about 30 minutes or till golden brown in shade and agency. Let the “cookie base” cool for 20 minutes. Then, utilizing a serrated knife, CAREFULLY slice the “loaf” into ½-inch thick slices. You don’t need to snap them in half so reduce very fastidiously.
Baking Round 2
It’s the ultimate stretch! Place the slices, reduce aspect down, on the baking sheet once more and bake for an additional 15 – 20 minutes. Be cautious when you find yourself shifting the reduce cookies again on to the cookie sheet, they’ll break simply. If you chop them on the sheet, nonetheless flip fastidiously. Once finished and flippantly browned, take away them from the oven and permit to chill. Leaving on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then shifting to a wire rack to chill fully. The longer they cool the crispier they may get.
Keto Biscotti Storage
This scrumptious low carb gluten free biscotti is finest saved in an air tight zip lock bag in your counter. If you’ve ever questioned tips on how to make the proper low carb biscotti now you understand! So go forward eat one or two…. or perhaps the entire batch. On second thought… You could need to lock away the leftovers. Good luck!
How Long do Keto Biscotti Last?
If you need to make this recipe for breakfast all week, go forward! They will final about 1 week if stored in the suitable situations. That means hermetic containers and on the counter. This approach moisture gained’t get in and begin to make them lose their crunch. If they do begin to lose their crunch it’s not an enormous deal since they may nonetheless style scrumptious, however you may attempt re-toasting within the oven for a couple of minutes to assist.
Holiday Keto Biscotti
This recipe is a will need to have for Thanksgiving and Christmas! They are flavorful, pair completely with a cup of espresso within the morning or after dinner, and the most effective half, they’re low carb! Indulging throughout the vacation season doesn’t imply it’s important to break free from you wholesome life-style. We’ve created a straightforward Keto Biscotti recipe so you may have your biscotti and eat it too 🙂
Recipe might be shortly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Keto Biscotti”
An Italian, twice baked, crunchy cookie that’s finest served dipped in espresso.
Total Time 2 hours
Servings 25 Biscotti
Calories per serving 113kcal
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooling Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a big baking tray with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 10-12 minutes. When baked, take away from oven, chop, and put aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the almond flour, flaxseed, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and erythritol.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, stevia, melted butter and extract utilizing a hand mixer. Add within the dry combination and mix till totally integrated.
Fold in cooled, chopped almonds. Allow batter to sit down for five minutes (to permit to coconut flour to soak up a number of the moisture).
Divide dough into half. Place halves aspect by aspect on a big cookie sheet, leaving just a few inches between (dough will unfold out when cooked). Form every half right into a log form.
Bake for about 30 minutes or till golden brown in shade and agency. Let cool for 20 minutes. Using a serrated knife, reduce into ½-inch thick slices.
Place cookies, reduce aspect down, on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 – 20 minutes. Be cautious when you find yourself shifting the reduce cookies to the cookie sheet as a result of they break simply.
Remove from oven and funky on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to chill fully. The longer they cool the crispier they may get.
Best saved in an air tight zip high bag in your counter high. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 2g
Serving Size: 1 Biscotti
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.